We aim to give the scouts attending the Adventure weekend a fantastic time and the opportunity to see parts of Scotland they may not have seen before.
Island Adventure (Arran Adventure), Dyemill, Lamlash, Isle of Arran
Island Adventure (Kyles Camp), Isle Of Bute
Island Adventure (Mull Mania), Duart Castle - Isle Of Mull
Highland Adventure, Tomintoul
Highland Adventure, Meggernie Outdoor Centre, Glen Lyon
Highland Adventure (Royal Adventure), The Royal Showground, Braemar
Lowland Adventure, The grounds of Dalmeny House near Edinburgh
Lowland Adventure, Strathallen Castle, Auchterader
Highland Adventure, INSH Camp Site, Spean Bridge
Highland Adventure, Alvie Estate, Kincraig
Lowland Adventure, Philiphaugh Estate, Selkirk
Highland Adventure, Glen Tanar Estate, Aboyne
Highland Adventure, Kinnaird Castle, Brechin
Frequently Asked Questions
Some common questions and answers about the adventure camp are below, we hope these are of some use
- 1) Do leaders need to attend the camp?
- No there is no requirement for leaders to attend however, they are responsible for transporting scouts to and from the site (or ferry terminal for island camps). Leaders who do wish to attend can only do so by completing the staff application form.
- 2) If leaders don't need to attend who will look after the scouts
- All scouts attending will be split into 6 subcamps. Each subcamp has a subcamp leader with a team that are responsible for looking after the scouts. When on activities we have activity leaders in place who will look after the scouts.
- 3) What are the catering arrangements?
- Scouts are expected to supply food and cook for themselves, this is why the age limit for the camp is 11+, however soup is provided after activities as well as supper on Saturday & Sunday evenings.
- 4) Will cooking equipment be supplied?
- Cooking equipment must be brought as part of the group kit list which is distributed a few weeks before the camp.
- 5) Will Scouts attending get a choice of activities?
- Unfortunately not. However, we will aim to give all scouts a balanced and varied programme, there will be drop in sessions each evening which will give scouts the opportunity to try some activities they have not been allocated to.
- 6) One of my scouts is under 11 will they be able to attend?
- This is a decision you as the leader really needs to make! The camp is advertised as 11+ because the scouts should be self sufficient but if you feel the scout under 11 will cope then we will accept them.
- 7) Is there a kit list?
- Yes, this is issued a few weeks before the camp and will be available on the Downloads page after the closing date.
- 8) I have forgotten to apply and it is passed the closing date, can I still send scouts?
- Unfortunately after the closing date no more applications will be accepted.
- 9) I have Young Leaders who want to attend as staff can they come
- Young leaders can not attend, all staff need to be 18 at the time of the event.
- 10) One of my scouts needs to leave early or arrive late is this a problem?
- No not at all. As long as transport is arranged to and from site they can join in when they arrive or finish an activity early. Please ensure you let us know so we can ensure the scout is allocated to an onsite activity.
- 11) Do i need to book the ferry / pay ferry ticket for Island Camps?
- No the camp starts at the ferry terminal